Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Technopheobe makes a break through

I have been scared to use too many of the fancy gadgets that Blogger offers to us. I am still afraid of somehow blowing up the world or crashing some one's site. But they allow me to put short cuts to other sites that I like. Wil Wheaton for instance. It used to be a hyper line spaced list to the right of the column with little icons that drove me nuts because they were all different. I wanted a "pretty" and graphically design correct looking list. Today when I got here my familiar icons were gone and a bare bones list with no updates to entice you all to look at Wil's site. So I click on one. It's boring looking. Nothing is dynamic like it was yesterday when the feeds worked the way I expected them to. So I unsubscribed and resubscribed.... got an error and had to report to the principals office... undid... redid and Hazaah! The icons were back. In the PREVIEW WINDOW. On the regular site it is still just a the graphically correct, evenly spaced list that I wanted in the first place. But I also had intended to have a short cut. So now what?

That's when I noticed a little green arrow up by the name of the source feed. A click and Hazaaah! The short cut works! Being afraid to click on something is stupid... unless of course foreigners are asking you to send them money so they can turn around and give it back to you. That is stupid. But clicking on a colored arrow is not. I mean really, with as easy as they make these things today, it's not like cutting the red wire and tripping a bomb. It never really was like that before but one wrong move and it was a ID10T lecture from the IT department if you did trip an error alert. I don't know what is wrong with me that I can't GMST to join the rest of the modern world.

No comments:

Post a Comment