Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Submitted for your approval...

A concept that Wil inspired. He's writing and intro for Scalzi's best of his blog book. Which got me to thinking. How will I look back at a years worth of blog entries? How will I follow my trains of thought without derailing them mid journey? How will I keep up with them and be able to do that overview thing without too much fatigue?

I will have to keep a running best of list going so that I can do something with best of.

Why?
Um because...

Who cares what your best of is?
I do. I want to see what progress I am making. First to see if my goals are kept or to trace the changes. Second to see how my writing improves or diminishes. Third... because someday I am going to have to be held accountable to what I've written. Someday, when I have a site as cool as Michelle's I will want to know what came before.
I don't have children that I can make scrap books for. Asa single person the only people who will care decades down the road are my nieces and nephews who will want to see outside of their parents world to have a clearer picture of what was happening. I want a record that says I am not a total screw up. I also have people in my life right now, whom I feel as close to as the "cool aunt" I could have been to Morgan, but with the added benefit of being a friend and co-worker. To them, I am something like Mrs. Garrett (see Facts of Life). This is for them in our new tech age.

No comments:

Post a Comment