Total Pageviews

Friday, September 5, 2008

I think I said this before, but it bears repeating

Once I had a reader my blogging habits changed. I've found a blog recently that has made me weep and laugh out loud in public. It is another geeky post. Most of what you folks will find fascinating is the audio book reviews. Apparently 3 hour commutes are not unheard of in MI and his is rather common. So to fill the void and keep the orange barrels song out of his head, he does the audio book thing. I am hoping that he will listen to James Frain read something spellbinding and completely frivolous. Frain is a great actor and I bet his readings are top notch. I personally don't have time for audio books until I get back into regular studio time. Any way, now that I know I have an audience I have written more in the last few weeks than I have in months. I wonder if other bloggers find the same to be true for them.
For instance, I give you "4cats a dog and a bird feeder habit". Most of the readers with the ability to comment are friends and family. I wonder how different his writing would be if he knew strangers were reading his blog. I can tell you he write like he talks. I haven't seen a good sci fi post [read as a request for some good sci-fi commentary] to know if his passions have changed or his opinions have evolved. But I am guessing they are quite set in stone and only the color of his commentary has intensified. He is marvelously engaging to speak with and well... only a Vulcan is more logical. Thankfully he isn't as dry and stuffy as my favorite aliens. He might disagree, but we rarely see ourselves as others do so I can say with certainty that he isn't dry and stuffy... well allergies aside but then that would be wet and stuffy and that is a conversation best left between him and a hankie.
Yes, if you have checked in, he shares some qualities with Wheaton, the salt and peppering of a lighthearted post with pop culture references for one. But then that is the hallmark of a geek. Its a kind of short hand. Watch the show? Then you know what the real context is behind the statements rather that the one he intends for you to perceive. It is a writing device, certainly, but it also separates real fans from the poseurs. You have to be in to know. And... i think its just the ginchiest that I am part of an in crowd. The geeks will inherit the earth!
Uh.... got carried off on a tangential wormhole, sorry. Anyway, as i said... now that I have an audience things have changed. i find myself more challenged to find material, to write better, to use spell check more often and now that I am reading a better blog than mine and one that in many ways is superior to Wheaton... funny how the old gods crumble... I find myself challenged to just be better.
Comtria!
And on that note HAL is kicking my butt with low power warnings. Good night Planet. Good night Moon. Good night My Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment