Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

how small the world?

Small.When you grow up in the Great Lakes region, way up in the 45th parallel, you think the world so vast, your life so isolated that nothing matters and nothing touches you. Of course reality and economics finds you no matter what lonely road you live on. And there is technology to shorten the distances.
As I open to what is in the world, I am feeling a competitiveness bordering on mania. I also feel left out and waaaaaay behind in my knowledge of how it all works. But I am encouraged that the competitiveness will let me tap into something deeper that will inform my art. As I expand into the world and the world expands into me, there must therefore be a well which can be tapped to continue to feed the artistic flame of creation.
And so... the world opens wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment