Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 17, 2008

progress

I only started this job last week. This was my eighth day and I was asked at the end of it if I would be the assistant to the housekeeping manager. Big news indeed. And I guess it has a lot to do with the attention to detail. But the biggest thing that comes from this is self confidence. I had been self employed for the last almost 9 years. Six years ago I started looking for reliable work that would get me out from under the subcontracting umbrella. I had not found anything in all that time. I was starting to think that there was no way that there was going to be anything for me anywhere. But here we go... housekeeping super assistant. And the thing that amazes me is that the other candidates have done housekeeping for more than 3 years each. I've been at it for almost 90 days. Bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment