Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Need a Hero

I just got an update from Richard Dean Anderson's website. He is the coolest. Retirement seems to agree with him. But as I was looking at the latest pic, I realized that he looks like some of my cousins on mom's side. And I instantly flashed back to days of wishing that my cousins were really my brothers. I used to wish that about MacGyver too.
How cool a big brother would he have been? Nobody picks on you when Mac attacks. Okay... more like sets up a Rube Goldberg revenge/escape, but still... he hurts when you hurt and he sticks with you even when you are about to do something totally stupid and death inviting like fly into a South American rebel base pretending to be arms dealers.
Instead of having to set up defensive perimeters and look for snipers every time I walked into my house only to have my brother foil every attempt at safety, I would have had a brother to do all those things with that brothers are supposed to do. Of course I would have been considered the Beave, I'm younger. And entirely too trusting. But i would never have been left out/hanging/or lonely. And no one would have gotten amo from Mac to use against me at school.
Yes I spent a lot of time in my head as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment