Total Pageviews

Monday, July 14, 2008

Intrepid?

I put a profile online to see what I could dig up for friends. I've got to hang around more guys to offset the enormous amounts of estrogen surrounding me at work. The best place that I could think of was a dating service/social site. Profile up. Lots of interest. I haven't replied to anyone.

It's not because I don't want to. It's because I am scared and I can't get my poop in a group to pay for the service. I want to meet people. I don't necessarily want to date. But I can't stand going to another movie by self. It is a wee bit embarrassing to walk into Indiana Jones alone. Stardust was okay alone. I don't think I could have stood being there with a chick and having to explain things. I don't have girl friends that grasp science fiction well and would have gone thinking is was pure chick-flick fairy tale.

And now I have 195 people waiting to talk to me and I don't know what to do. I didn't really think that I would get any interest. And then I was thinking that there was no way the geek would be cool.

But then the geek watches You've Got Mail and finds that her expectations rose to the level of well maybe this could really work like that. That scared me even more. I don't really want get married. But I feel stupid eliminating all possibilities on the outside chance that my initial premise is wrong. A good geek can't, well... shouldn't, contrive an experiment to suit his/her own rationale.

Right now being a geek doesn't help anything. But I have found a site that will ease some of the burdens of geekdom... Think Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment