Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Snooping on a Dream

I apparently have to be much more circumspect in my list making when I am conspiring with the Universe & Everything during the planning stages of what I hope will be a personal construction of colossal proportion, namely The Rest of My Life. As a project planner, the Universe takes everything seriously. I know this in my head. I know this in my heart. But I don't know this, or at the very least, I don't remember this when I am in the middle of the daydreaming. Or rather, I tend to think the Universe isn't snooping on a dream. But there It is, pen in hand, a micro recorder just in case and now a web cam to record everything that goes flitting through my head when I open my imagination to what is possible and as yet not made highly improbable by interfering relations.
For a fleeting moment I had thought "what would it be like to have my own 'Forney Hull'?" The lesson here is either, don't watch chick flicks of any kind. Or don't daydream until you are certain that's it's all off the record. Or... if a wish is a dream your heart makes then you better talk to your heart frequently so that it doesn't mess up your head plans.
No, I haven't forgotten that I put a profile on the Internet. Or that I haven't responded to those people yet. And yes, I plan to respond. But the profile was a knee jerk reaction to something I was completely unconscious of. Lesson #867543978653: Knee jerk reactions still have consequences.

In short: He's coming. I don't know who. I wasn't specific. I just said I was tired of going to the movies alone. And I said I was ready to reduce my Hermit hours to something more on a human scale. The Fortress of Solitude is about to entertain guests.

Would Superman say "Yikes!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment