Total Pageviews

Friday, May 2, 2008

Introducing 6 degrees of Geekdom

Geekdom is the realm in which those with singular pursuits congregate, oft times in separate worlds of their own creation. It is a realm that rests between the Now and Then of the world in which regular people live and do commerce. Geekdom extends from the archaic models of our historic past to the shining (one hopes) streamlined technological future. The real world portal into Geekdom oft times is the front row of any classroom or the registration table at any (insert subject of fanaticism) convention.
Geekdom is arranged by Orders under the discipline's Master, ascending by degree. The Realm's Sovereign is the Grand Master Geek of the Highest Order. In the multi verse that is Geekdom, in the Universe which I inhabit,the Grand Master Geek of the Highest Order is Wil Wheaton.

I am a 6th degree Geek, unordered as yet. That means that I connect dots. Everything is a dot and within six connections I can make myself and others nuts. In the realm of Academia, I am a Kender. This is great for Art but not so great for staying out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment