Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hate jealousy

but learn from it.
I am so envious of the way the author of "4cats, a dog and a birdfeeder habit" writes. I said he was great. Reading the blog is like talking to him.it's It's just that his brain is just as sharp as it ever has been and mine feels like it's been through a cuisinart. And... for no other reason than some atrophy.
I haven't had the mental exercise of vigorous conversation like I am used to. The way my world has shrunk in the last ten years has diminished some of my faulties as well as my well of information. I am in the shallow end of the swimming pool and longing to be deeper. I just don't know that I trust my skills in the deep end. Fear is stupid. Davida said it. I quoted it. I know it is stupid.
So what is left for me is to learn from this jealousy. I always thought of Evan as some kind of mentor. So between him and the Wheaton, I shall learn the art of the short essay and short story form. I shall hone my skills so that if someday, many moons from now, they read me they will find me worthy. I have one regular fan and I treasure all of his positive feedback as he is an excellent writer as well. But, Evan's style is so close to how I have always imagined my writer's voice would be and Wil is just hilarious. I hate being jealous.
So I will learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment