Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Throwing ones and twos

Right now I am exploring the multitasking functions of my Acer laptop. I have headphones plugged into the 'puter and the 'puter plugged in to the wall. I am, to Timothy Leary's dismay, plugged in. Since nothing is surgically implanted and it is looking like I was way cool and technologically advanced for 1970, I don't feel as Borgie as I could. Though... if I suddenly sound like Locutus, plug me and run. In many regards I feel on top of the world.
I think I just named my friend Allan's grand baby, he's totally impressed with the weight that I have lost, I have another geek on the line that ACG doesn't approve of, and I am really starting to push through the difficulties to get my life to where I am living for me, another great Wheaton post, reconnecting with a high school classmate that I can actually call friend and we get to use the pool at work on Sunday's. So... i should feel like I am rocking the casbah.
Problem is, for as good as a rainy September morning this rainy September morning is... I am still throwing ones and twos when it comes to the man issues. Yeah, I've got another geek on the line. The last one, an engineer/conductor [nothing to do with railroading thanks] isn't going anywhere that I can tell. And this guy, whom we shall dub, PhD [physicist in Detroit] has sent me a flirt and not responded to my reply e-mail.
There is one big red flag that I consider only a yellow alert. ACG on the other hand is reacting as though a Romulan Bird of Prey just materialized off the starboard nacelle firing disruptor phasers at my 25% degraded shields. In this I'd have to say he is reacting with typical Worf aplomb and diplomacy. One man's red flag is another's olive branch.
And he hasn't responded at all in three days to the email I sent in response to his flirt. So, I am wondering if his research is so involved why he is even looking. And if he doesn't need help finding, why the hell is he on line anyway? I mean, he is hot lookin' for a nerd/geek. Although... on closer inspection, he shares some traits with Mr. Lyle which, in the wrong setting, could make me run screaming from the Centre. [Pretended]. The thing about this guy that bothers me is that he seems to have been created specifically for me. What? Me see invaders inside a gift horse? of course I do. It seems to improbable that a physicist who started life as an art major and spends his free time playing violin and drawing figures in cafes, who look like he does, would a. need help or b. exist. Everything matches. So what's the problem?
If he initiated contact, why has he not accepted my reply? On the heels of my "I'm chucking this whole damn thing" retort to experiencing a protracted episode of plak tow, I am inclined to follow through on what may be less than an idle threat. Of course, I am paranoid that the whole thing is a ruse.
Ruse? Yes. I think it might be a fake profile. There are several reasons which, if I think to hard I will accept as truth rather than theory. But most telling is the quality of the photograph. It is staged and posed. Most everyone else just grabs what is handy, cropping themselves from a group photo at a keg party. Or they use the promo shot from their business promotions. This guy used a photo that was designed to say hello ladies. Now, being that he is a geek, I can say over preparedness is a quality which causes one to carry a briefcase when a book bag would do. it could simply be that he went into this prepared. But its the candid admission of what may or may not be a problem, the inordinately high ratio of hits to misses in our likes and dislikes and the very SPECIFIC descriptions "play violin to stay sane" and "free time in cafes sketching" that make me the weensiest bit skeptical. of course the big red flag that puts ACG on alert is nothing to me.
First, blazing red flags are to girls what men in white pants on Pamplona's streets are to bulls in the Spring. What a girl learns to mistrust are the subtleties. Second, his "admission" reveals a person who simply has spent too much time in his logical world of science to understand much about what his heart wants.
If the profile is a fake, there is a signature within that tells me who the perpetrator of the hoax is. That would be the label Capricorn. There is only one person who would do that to me to build his case that I am a flake. I don't want to believe that it is possible. But I have watched a girlfriend built a fake profile to bust a cheater on myspace. I even helped her build the woman's back story to be a believable thing, not an easy feat since I've never been outside of MI but the fake person had to live in Buffalo, NY. I know that it is possible and how easy it is. That was the great thing with ACG, he had a place where I could corroborate everything he said. Now, I only have my gut. And my gut is as poisoned with he plak tow as my blood is.
I through a +30 with ACG. So now I expect everything to go that way. I've totally rolled 1 or -1 on my flirts to other guys. And the lack of dialog with PhD is a big goose egg on my rolls, can you have a -Yahtzee in RPGs? If you can this is it. I signed up for another site and that's been a disappointed 2 roll. Lots of great matches, but they are already hooked up and never bothered to remove their profiles. I have NO HITS from that site AT ALL. And someone I was trying to hook up with else where has hisself a girl so there's a fail. I am frustrated and in desperate need of relief. I've never had this last this long. I don't know what to do.
Okay... I've been girly geek long enough. I'm gonna go look at what the LHC is doing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment