Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

in which Oppenheimer dies in a lab accident

So, as I have annoyed so many by pointing out, I've been listening to John Tesh at night. His staff culls magazines and health journals for good things that we might have missed because one person can't read everything . I need a job there. Anyway, when it comes to eating habits that pack on the pounds, I have taken some of his recommendations and found that in eight months I am back into a 14/16 from a 22. The greatest weight loss has been in the last 4 that I have been working as a housekeeper.
First, I got rid of all the clothes that were given to me that I accepted becasue I couldn't afford to shop. The clothes were all big and baggy. Two to three sizes larger than what I wore at the time, they were perfect for layering in a cold house I coulddn't afford to heat.

That was suggestion number two: turn off the air conditioner. When your body is cold it eats more to increase its temperature to normal. Oops.

Three, don't eat in front of the tv. 10 seasons of Stargate... YIKES!
11 seasons of Frasier Double YIKES! Good thing I only have one season of Star Trek.

So now I have to shop for some reasonable clothes. I've been, obviously, shopping at Catherines and Fashion Bug. A couple of years ago they resized and reshaped jeans for the plus size gal. I started out in a four that was a little baggy. I bought a three just in case. About three months ago I was able to pull the three off without unbuttoning them. Now I am pulling them up so I have to have a 2/ Guess what... 2 is the last size before I can't wear their clothes anymore. And as tops go, I've always been two sizes bigger on top. I wish I could say it was casue I've got huge mammaries. It isn't, I have a hernia right below my diaphram and bad posture. So it is always a surprise to me what my top size will be.
Catherines ahd a huge clearance sale and I tried on some lacey tank tee shirts... size0/1, 14/16 for you folks on the old system. And guess what... I swim in it! I bought them anyway because they were only 6.00 each and I still need to hide that hernia. But the rally cool thing is that I can see the narrows of the hourglass. I've been a barrel for the last three years. YEAH!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy.
The dimples where the shoulder and neck meet are deeper. I can see my collar bones when I am not trying. And I can feel each of my ribs now. I haven't felt them since I was 12. I'm still gonna have a flat butt... courtesy Gramma Lucy. But everything else is shaping up quite nicely.
And i still think the biggest part of this is realizing that weight makes for bad armour. The best defense is a great offense... what would offend my detractors more than being happy and living well?
Nothing.
Huzzah!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. A. I'm sure you look fabulous.

    B. You sound happy.

    It's refreshing as it is welcome. It all rubs off onto others you come in contact with (just so you should know).

    ReplyDelete