Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bite my gizzard

and other geek idioms.

Bite my gizzard is the Wheaton's expression of kiss my ass/chewed my ass and in general is a great non specific, totally geek expression of frustration that can be spoken to the non-geek source of your frustration. Non geeks know it means something but are not sure what it is. And, as my sister and I found while playing Mad Libs, gizzard is a great funny word rarely used outside of poultry husbandry.

While cruising through my dashboard of blogs I follow I found another phrase:
to crunch a marmoset.

I have no idea for what it could be a stand in. It is vivid. It is the wrong species to rewrite "to kill a mockingbird". I don't think that there would be anything of a social commentary behind the marmoset like there was with TKAMockingbird.

When I think of marmosets with those big watery eyes I think of little kids in anticipation of forgiveness or presents. So maybe "to crunch a marmoset" will now mean "Way to kill my hopes and dreams you big stupid neanderthal of a human being". I think. I don't know. But I'll use it at work and see how it flies.

This new phrase has been brought to you via http://www.meinekleinefabrik.blogspot.com/ if you want to check out her stuff. And will someone tell me why the bookstore scene in her post looks so familiar?

No comments:

Post a Comment