Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

adaptations

It would seem that there is always more to things than meets the eye. I've been worried for a week over some blood tests. They came back normal. So both the doc and I are scratching our heads. He wants to see me tomorrow. Sadly I have no improvements to report in the health department.

However the writing department is showing great promise. So many people have told me that I should write for a living. My reason for not doing so is that the print industry is slowly dying. The dinosaurs of the magazine world are showing their age and disappearing quietly into that good night while newspapers are struggling to stay alive. I looked at a Detroit Free Press the other day. The front page has an ad sponsor section down the spine. The main news is only 2/3rds of the page. It is sad to see this happening. But I knew it was coming when the delivery end started to tank. And like they say, if you don't adapt you're doomed.

So I am adapting. I will be working on some articles for a websource. So posts are going to be pretty uneven for a while. I don't know what kind of money is in fiction these days. So I am going to write for the money where I know the money is. It's going to take forever for me to make a living doing this. But at least I have myself on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment