Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 27, 2010


Life gets in the way of a lot of things. My downstate trip being one of those things. So instead of being with a very sweet friend I stayed home. Well I didn't really stay home. I drove down to Beulah to go to the bead shop. I found some great deals and some unusual things to add to the stash. Then I hung out with Matthias Reim in the player. When I got home I made this necklace.

Monday was supposed to be boat day. Since I commemorate these events with a new piece of something artsy, I chose to find more denim coral and play in the lake blue pallette for a while. Boat Monday got preempted by a serious personal issue for sweetie. The locket with the pale blue facetted stone was part of a broach of Gramma Olive's. I already used the fleur d'lis in another piece and was tryingto find beads with the same blue and vibrancy. When I was in Beulah, I found the coral again. There are also some dark blue dyed beads made from cococut, some pale grey pearls and faceted glass & czech fire polish beads. I used some of Jill MacKay's metal links, some bars that I scavenged from another strand and a couple of links from a new Blue Moon collection. The beaded part is the same length as the chain links which is the same length as the single metal link strand attached to the clasps.

I call this Honor for two reasons. Sweetie may lose someone very special to him this week. The locket itself says you want to keep someone close who meant something to you. So for him, to know that these life events mean something. For me: I don't know that this event will let us keep our relationship so I am honoring us in this as well. It doesn't just acknowledge that we had a scheduling upset but that for what it was and while it was we were special.

Death has a way of upsetting the apple cart. I know that better than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment