Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

land of confusion

Eye doctor put me back on meds today. Great news on the one hand because this will take the swelling down so that I'm not always listing to port. It's a horrible thing to do to your mind, inflicting all sorts of tactical barriers to standing up right while forcing it to do your bidding. Most of the time you just stand in place waiting for the room to quit spininng or praying that the part of the multiverse where you are on a whaling boat pursuing Moby Dick would quit bleeding into this one. I hate ships! Pretty to look at but not fun to stand on. But now he is wondering.

A wondering Ed isn't always a good thing. He's thinking that this is more than the rosacae now. I got the third degree about diet and whatnot since I've lost like 30 pounds in 6 months and nearly 50 in a pre-plateau period of about 5 months. Its just my right eye and if he knocks it out with the antibiotics then it comes back with a vengence when the course of meds is over. So now I'm on this stuff for 6 months. Of course I can hardly see out of this swollen eye.

But the real reason that I am confused is that I had more blood work today. I asked the tech what all this was supposed to tell the doctor. Its what I thought that he tested last week. I guess I either misunderstood or that work up was just too basis. Now I wait to find out if I have anemia, what my cell count is and what my blood gases are. So if that is what we did today then what happened last week? I am sooooooooo confused.

And still dizzy and fatigued all the time. You'd think that if I've been dealing with this for months now that I'd be used to it. Problem is your body can't really get used to this kind of stuff. It puts up with your stupd crap/denial for so long before it decides to scream louder that you are a moron and cannot wait for Dr. McCoy to get born before dealing with the issues. So now... I'm gonna guess that the reason I am not hungry is because I really don't relish the idea of randomly vomitting. Just a guess.

So since I know I was ignored last time I said this: GO TO YOUR DOCTOR FOR A CHECK UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment