Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 23, 2012

How to Trip a Geek

It is not that hard. Just put us into social situations. We do not get people the same way that we get facts. We do not read people the same way that we read books. We miss a lot of social cues while we see the minutia of intellectual pursuits. We are narrowly focused on the things that make us go "squeeeeee". So if you want to trip up a geek just put them in a social situation.

If you want to make the fall out particularly graphic then use a good friend in whatever plot you have hatched. It works. It just happened this week. And I could not be more terrified of a handful of people right now if I tried. For some there is just no way that they can be happy unless others are miserable.

I would advocate avoiding them. But they find you anyway. And if you are not prepared for them it is a crippling fall.

There are a variety of schools of thought on the subject of cosmic retribution. Almost all of them believe that karma will be instant and painful. Others encourage patience for nature corrects in its own time as does what ever Everlasting and Almighty diety one believes in. I would like to chose to put my head in the sand and pretend that neither me nor my compatriot will suffer permanent damage. However... I am now more skeptical of a certain species than ever. And my friend is broken. My heart bleeds in my friend's general direction.


I long for the day when the Geek will Inherit the Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment