Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Mild Fall

We had one dusting of snow last week. It was enough to make me scramble to get the yard decorations into the storage shed and grab some salt to keep the porch clear. Since then it has been mild with midday temps reaching into the 60s. I am hoping that we have another Winter like 2000. No snow.

It is a faint hope. Yesterday I saw Dorian (the grey squirrel) on the porch. He is FAT and his coat is thick. It will be a raging Winter once it gets here. Not sure how I feel about that. As I age the seasons full of holiday bustle mean less and less. In part, this is due to the inability to really enjoy it as a participant with the work load and the retail atmosphere beginning so early. But also I think it has a lot to do with everything still being in storage. I am afraid to look and see how my things have fared with the horrible way that everything was stacked.

My antiques dealer is up and running again so he will be able to help me thin out my possessions. Have no idea how much money I will get for it all. But will have to take it slow and do this piece meal. The hardest part will be sorting art supplies and dealing with that damage as well as the holiday supplies.

In other news, Sting's new album drops next Friday. And my book project is getting a lot bigger than I was planning. But thankfully, I see a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a speeding train. I guess I have to have a train on every track and just let them run at their own speed. I knew I wasn't going to be publishing by this time this year. But I am anxious to get to the presses soon. Fortunately this is not a project whose success is determined by seasonal readiness! I can actually take time to enjoy the season the way that I can... in quiet reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment