Total Pageviews

Friday, May 2, 2008

Artist taps the Kender's plunder

I am an artist. I take everything that my inner Kender lifts from various sources and use it in my artwork. Like Weiss and Hickman's creation, my fingers are in everything: books, music, religion, philosophy and the list goes on and on.

I intend to make my living as an artist. Since 2000, I have been setting my sites to own my own rubber stamp business. Various family emergencies have made for frustrating detours on that path. I am ever determined as I have designed for some companies, been published in Somerset Studio and I know the manufacturing process.

Kender or Geek? Both. One of my lines is focused on regional designs for use in scrapbooks. I found in my geeky Kender plundering lots of information that helped me develop that line. I do find historic dates and the characters that settled MI to be fascinating and I am betting that others will too when they make heritage scrapbook pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment