Total Pageviews

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Greatest Hazard to a Geek's Life

Contrary to popular belief, a Geek's worst enemy is not the neighborhood noogie-swirly-wedgie artist. It is, in fact, the Geek him or her self. We think too much. I think too much. I always have. And my attempt to induce a more rational mindset through self taught kolinar hasn't helped matters any. Instead of being the flighty Geek with her head in the clouds I am now the flighty Geek with her head in the clouds that can't decide on which daydream to settle. I am my own worst enemy.
I am forever reinventing my own wheels and spinning them for the monotonous joy of it. I keep wanting to analyse everything so that when I go to ask for help from some local Angels it will be so perfect that no one will refuse me. I want it to be so perfect that the people who tell me I can't will see that I can. I want an insurance policy. But what I have instead is a big ol' shadow of doubt... the Boogeyman in Davi's quote at the bottom. For two years I have been so immobilized by what could have cast the shadow that I never bothered to turn on the light to look at it.
All it turned out to be was somebody with bigger fears than mine... just like Davi and my friend/mentor Verta have said.
I VOW THAT I AM A HAZARD NO MORE!!! yea me!

No comments:

Post a Comment