Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Target Acquired

CDs have arrived!!!
First thing I did was pop in Kussen order so to here that song and Gib Dein Herz um Keine Krone. Rockin!!!! It is pretty awesome with the crappy youtube sound system. But it is totally phenominal in the car stereo. Now in the visor holder is: Sensationall, Alles Klar, Kussen order so, deja vu, Wolkenreiter, Morgenrot, and Manner sind Krieger. And more than ever, after fighting with the wrappers, I am convince that my next purchase will be a Swiss army Knife. Sheesh who does that with plastic!!!

The first thing that I notice is that three of the CDs are open. No problem. I think that James' fiance really likes him too so he might have taken a listen. Always happy to spread the joy. The other thing that I notice is that the Germans don't seem to worry about theft. None of the CDs have that stupid sticker across the top and bottom of the jewel case that makes it more difficult to get into than a Ferengi wall safe. And the celophane wrappers are a better quality. Only two of them are labled copy protected with any kind of obnoxiousness. My own diatribe against the paranoia will come later.

The second thning that I notice is that I did a poor job of avoiding repeats in song titles. Its okay though. It isn't like I've heard the music all my life and one more Piano Man is going to throw me off the edge of insanity. and I really only managed to repeat the 3 songs that I've already learned.

Thirdly, Europeans do things really differently. Alot of the song titles are whole sentances whereas here we try to keep things simple for the Short Attention Span Theater crowd. The concepts in the songs can be a little weighty despite the pop nature of the music. It is wonderfully geeky!!! :)

When Kev handed over the bag he asked, "So you really like this music?" And Lin asked how I even heard of the guy. So I told the story. And Kevin was surprised that I too kto it so well. "So he sings in German?" Yep. "He has three or four songs in English that I know of. But all German."

So as is my habit with a new CD, I carefully opened then, slid out the liner notes and poured over the information. My German is not good enough to have a conversation. But I can learn what the meaning in the music is with enough time to translate it. So the legible lyrics is a huge bonus. And there are tons of photos that I have seen in the youtube videos. But the surprise is that I found someone who looks like my half sister in one of the fan photos. And I saw another of my Doppleganger. I am so German it isn't even funny.

Monday I have a road trip. So I will have a chance to listen to them uninterrupted. I'm going to see my sweetie. and how silly is this? I'd rather spend the day on the beach listening to and absorbing this music into my soul the way I've done with Sting. I'm still going. It's just that I'd rather have the Summer afternoon to myself under the clouds with Matti and there being no pressure to do anything but exist.

Do you have music that does that to you: opens the doors to your own soul to connect you to something etheric and transcendent?

No comments:

Post a Comment