Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Because it needs to be said. AGAIN!

Writing about the painful things in our past has two purposes. The first is to purge it from the soul so that it doesn't keep clogging up everyday life. The second is to let others know who have been in a similar circumstnace that there is an end in sight, there are good things to see in the painful crap and that when healing happens it is so much better than the painful stuff even if it is scary to process.

It is not about name calling. If it was I wouldn't change peoples names or give them nicknames. It isn't about calling anyone out to the general public because if it was I would use real names like Uncle Wil does.

I want to know how far I have come in my life. And I want other people who are experiencing pain to know that there is another side to things. That time really does heal all wounds. But only if you are willing to see your part in things.

If you know who you are in my stories and it doesn't look good for you don't tell others that it is you. YOU called YOU out not me. And when you use my words that are meant for helping other people to continue to wound me then you are doing only yourself a disservice. YOU are showing others that you really have not changed.

And lets be realistic people. My life didn't begin and end with catholic school. I have had many best friends over time. I have had many plots attempt to use me to further their ends or to destroy me because I would not lay down and die for someone's ego. I could be talking about my time in marquette. I could be talking about my time with my art community. Oh and yes i could be talking about high school, middle school or elementary school. But I have always had two lives: in school and out of school. And when I was younger I kept it seperate because I didn't want one to bleed poison into the other. Only the guilty would really know that they have been called out.

keep that in mind the next time you try to recruit people to your side.

or maybe realize that there is no shame in an I'm sorry it (whatever it was) was a silly immature thing to do at (insert number) that age. Or maybe just be glad for the cover of annonimity and leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment