Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Seriously Go Look at Michelle Ward's Stuff

The link is in the bar at the RIGHT! Over there.... somewhere under Uncle Wil's blog link. There. Da druben. No.... there... right.. yep you found it.

Michelle and I worked together more moons ago than I like to remember. I prefer to think it was just a week or so ago that she moved off to the East Coast to embark on her next Big Adventure. Which of course makes me look like a horrible friend for failing to keep in touch but that, as they say, is the fluidity of time. I adore Michelle's work as much as her persona. Everything she loves she loves with everything that she has in her soul. It is an impressive thing... to love that much and be unhampered by the list of "shoulds".

"How cool is that!?", she'd squeal when one of us did something amazing with a rubber stamp, or when a customer made a personal discovery and unlocked that special thing inside themselves that let the art flow and in her own genius. And yes, Michelle is a genius. Though I hear so many use the phrase how cool is that, my first thought is always to her and the awesomeness that oozes from her imagination.

She has a way to make me go "Duh. Why didn't I think of that?" And sometimes she makes my cry with the poignancy of a concept. And longing. She did somethings with silhouettes of Italian architecture that started this whole "go to Germany" thing. I know it is Italian because she talked about where the inspiration came from in her blog. But the way she used them, you'd easily transfer the emotions it evokes to England, Germany, Russia or even India. I transferred all those emotions to Germany.

Her blog is vast in the sense that there is a lot to look at and it takes a few visits to really get the feel for what she is about. But once you are there you will be glad that you went. Michelle is unabashed in her passions and makes no attempt to apologize for being giddy with excitement. And really... how many people do you know right at this moment who are giddy? There is a lot of worry and negativity coursing through the world right now. Michelle's work is a good insulation against it.

GO. GO NOW!!!!!!!!

1 comment: