Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happiness is...

German radio. Specifically I am referring to SWR4 out of Baden-Wurteemburg. In the middle of doing some serious online christmas shopping, they played an older Matthias Reim song. The slowly building intro for "Verdammt ich lieb dich" started and I stopped every thing. It was as though the clouds parted and the angels descended. I can not even begin to tell you how that made my tummy and heart happy deep down inside.

Then this morning I heard "That's Amore" by Dean Martin. I haven't heard Dean Martin on the radio since Johnny Williams' program went off the air... 1979 maybe? Just as i was thinking that the best thing would be more Matthias Reim to follow that I recognised the song "Horizont". But it was not Matthias Reim singing it. Sadness. But still... how cool to get such a blend of music.

I can not understand though the Europeans keeping Dean Martin and Trini Lopez on the air. We do not. Not unless you get an oldies station that actually plays something earlier than 1970 that is not the Beattles or the Beach Boys. Or Elvis. But I guess everyone is going to always play Elvis. I am glad the Europeans keep our older stars' memories alive.

I think all this really tells me is that I need to be in Germany soon for some period of time. I seem to be meeting and gravitating to Germans, Hungarians and other Central European people on line. Of course music is the uniting factor and music is a universal language. [smiles] Yet... I seem to think like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment