Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Survey Says....

Richard Dawson has passed away. He was always one of my favorite gameshow hosts. Family Feud was one of the few times that we siblings got along. And I have to tell you, I am much better at Jeopardy! than with the Feud.

The Feud's surveys required knowing a little bit about human behavior whereas Jeopardy! is just the facts. Well... and an understanding of how to get the answer from the way some of those questions are written. But we don't have to go there.

Richard Dawson creeped me out a little with all the kissing. But then, I remember him as Newkirk from Hogan's Hereos and thought... "meh, why not?" Afterall, in 9 year old mind he just came back from a POW camp. 9 year olds don't really have a firm grasp of time in an era before they were born.

But I have to be honest. I thought he died long ago... around the time that Carter and Kinchloe passed. And I thought that he was 79 about a decade ago. Somehow I think that I have shifted through a phase of the multi verse. Because I was that certain that I wrote about it in my journal before I ever heard of a blog.

I really wish that he could have been vetted to play the dad or a business partner on one of the sitcoms I watched. Maybe he would have been a good business partner for Greg's dad on Dharma and Greg. I also think that he could have been fun on Friends.

We need to appreciate the stars while they shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment