Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Open Letter to the Verse: A Thank you

Dear Verse,
Remember how I got really mad that the Germans kept blocking videos on Youtube on "copy right grounds" because somehow it is completely unacceptable to share music fanhood across arbitrarily drawn lines on a map? And how stupid I said that it was that with a global economy Amazon wouldn't sell anything from the German catalog because I wasn't actually in Germany? Well, I don't know what you did, who's ear you had to tweak to make things happen, but you did it. So I want to say thank you.

Somehow the message got through that the world is bigger than the map hanging on someone's wall. Because I have been the very happy recipient of some very nice presents courtesy of myself. Since Christmas eve I have been listening to and nearly wearing out my new Matthias Reim CDs. And with the new website up at www.matthiasreim.net I am even more excited to have "unendlich". Amazon assures me it will ship in February. Just in time to see me through the horrible season of Valentines Day and the onslaught of Spring Fever.

And it is this new concert season that makes me remember to thank you. I think that this album will be as wildly popular as the last. And I think that only encourages Matze to keep making more music. And after the discussion that I had with a couple of coworkers about my music proclivities and the very narrow scope of the male population that interests me I think that you and I both know I need him. I need him to keep making more music because there are not enough people of my type within throwing distance. Without new music I feel a bit lost. And I miss an old friend a lot these days. Matze takes the sting out of that failure.

I also think that we both know that I have another request. You, the Verse, have been gracious enough to get me the little things that make me happy. Now I need a big thing. Verse, we have to find a way to get me to Germany. To see, hear, feel, taste, touch and experience the land of my forefathers has always been something that I have wanted since I was young. Verse.... please, for the love of all things possible and impossible....

make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment