Total Pageviews

Monday, November 18, 2013

Slow Restarts

Every time I take a break getting into a regular writing habit gets harder and harder. It isn't that blog-worthy things are not happening. It is that every time there is a break from writing all the things that have gotten put on the back burner come rushing forward to scream for attention. So there I am, trying to find more money while working only 3 days at my "primary" job, art projects want completing, baking wants to be done and the things that are not yet unpacked want to come out and see the light of day.

For example, I've been in this place for about 6 months. I just now unpacked the bedside lamps so I can read without the overhead light glare. The last few weeks have been like that. I've been digging into the things that the kidney issues wouldn't let me do. Could it be that I am actually on the mend again? My kidneys hurt... don't get me wrong. But I think that maybe I am now finally getting enough sleep all at once that the day is more about me as a person and not my kidneys as a part of me. Honestly, I'd muster enough energy to work and then come home and be a lump of too tired to sleep too much pain to sleep. There might be a technical term for that but I don't care to look it up.

And my brain doesn't feel so overwhelmed with everything right now. That is a good thing. Summer was kinda kicking my butt. And I couldn't kick back. So we shall see how long this round of achievement lasts.

For now, I have errands to run. And not much time today to run them. I've got a strudel thing to roll out and bake sitting in the fridge and people coming to play games later. Yes!!!!!!!!! How long did I say I was looking for people to do board games with?

Oh and the 50th Dr. Who party is dead in the water for me. I've been trying to figure out how I could get people together for 8pm somewhere that has snacks and internet. Now I realize that here it will be 2pm. And the places I looked at were booked. So I guess there is always next year?

Also working on fleshing out the first posts for a german blog, watched some foreign films which need to be posted and am back logged on photo edits. I don't know how THAT happened. Oh yeah... I had time away from the computer to take pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment