Total Pageviews

Friday, January 17, 2014

Slow Posts

Everyone having fun with weather this Winter?

I've been snowed in. Stuck in the middle of the road on a sheet of ice. I've dug myself out of feet of heavy snow just like everyone else this year. And I am laughing my ass off at all the 20 somethings out there that think this is the worst winter ever and whine about wet feet.

This is Michigan. This is what Winter was like when I was a kid. This is the way that we grew up. Wet feet. Cold feet. Shoveling. School closings. Bad roads. Roads to travel without benefit of four wheel drive. Oh the whining.

Of course we have been spoiled for the last 20 years. I've never forgotten the Winter of 78. But I have not known the adult issues of a Winter like that since my last year in Marquette. To the Yoopers this is nothing. A bit of a trial getting kids to school. But this is their normal. This kind of Winter is only fun for kids. And we suck it up and keep shoveling.

And keep shoveling.
And stand on ice to push cars stuck on ice.
And when that doesn't work..... we walk home to diminish the frustrations of a day that began with one fantastically annoying adventure after another. Only to be told that the shoveling will always be my job despite re-injuring the hamstring.

Is it Summer yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment