Total Pageviews

Monday, April 21, 2014

Two Years. Countdown Begins

Well, let's be honest. The countdown began the second the credits rolled on Sherlock's series 3 finale. And I find out this week that we have to wait until 2016.

2016!
Two whole years! Two. Count 'em two!!!!!!!!!

MOFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it fair to blame him? Maybe not. But who else is there to blame? Make a great show, promote the hell out of it and then...... make the fans wait.

So while we are waiting we get to hear the rumors about
  • another Holmes boy
  • Tom Hiddleston being added to the family as the other Holmes boy
  • Moriarty's return
And what else will the next two years yield in rumor? I don't know.
I can't stand it.

I so can not stand being without Holmes and Watson that when we watch the Desolation of Smaug I have to add Sherlockian commentary to the action. I've started calling the doubting dwarves LeStrade. I am still waiting for Bilbo to call for Mrs. Hudson's help in serving the Dwarves dinner. I imagine Smaug wearing a blue robe when he wakes from his nap born of boredom.

Now, when There and Back comes out, I imagine the first thing that will happen when I see Smaug's desolation of Lake Town will be a plaintive "Ohhhhhhh Sherlock! What a mess!" And for that occasion I am practicing Mrs. Hudson's voice.

I wonder if anyone in Lake Town really misses Smaug.

No comments:

Post a Comment