Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2015

C is for Cookie and confusing

Today Blogger has informed me the the EU requires a notice about the use of cookies being used by Blogger and Google and Google's adsense app. They have very kindly "done this for you" and I suppose that I should trust that it is here some where on the page.

The thing is, I can not see what is says about cookies unless I am in the EU. I write from America so I can't see what it is that I am supposed to be telling you that they told you for me. I don't even know on my layout page where this stupid thing is. I don't even know if I can edit it in the layout page.

I understand that you want to know who is looking you up and bookmarking you for sale to another commercial source. I want to know these things. But with the state of the Internet as it stands today, I just assume that everything has a cookie in it. I think we all do. But I guess, just to cover everyone's asses we must do these things. I understand all of that.

What I don't understand is why, if I am responsible for maintaining the damn thing, can I not find it to verify it's actual existence on my blogs. And why should it only be visible to the EU guests? Stereo typically, Americans are the stupidest people on the planet so shouldn't the Cookie warning be everywhere Americans tend to be?

Why does this have to be so confusing?

Please, friends in the EU and beyond, tell me if you see the Cookie Usage explanation from Google. I for the life of me can not see it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment