Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2016

Day Tripping

l. cross village, top central lake, r. elk rapids
bottom l charlevoix, bottom r elk rapids

A couple of years ago the then BF and I spent a lot of time taking day trips around Northern Michigan. While we were trekking about in Elk Rapids we came across the first painted figures. While the housemates and I were tripping up to the Bridge, we found another one in the little town of Cross Village. He is housed in a gazebo in a roadside park.

The plaque next to the gazebo explains where these gems came from and why. The bears are from a 2005 fund raiser for the American Red Cross. According the article in the link there are 45 of these things out here somewhere. I have found three. The fish are from a 2003 fundraiser. I am not sure how I did not know about these things as they were happening. Now that I have found these few, it is a thrill to find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment