Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good news

So the really good news, lest you think that all this whining lately is all there will be, is that the estate is entering into it final stages. That means two things: with the house for sale it will mean that there is a way out of the fiscal hell I've unsuccessfully been climbing out of. The other thing that it means is that there is a crossroads where many divergent paths will take me forward.

The house has had its cosmetic reconstruction done over the resolved foundational issues. The most expensive fixes were not done, just the necessary ones. I wish that I could go back and live in it until it sells. But that is not going to happen no matter how I beg and plead. With luck, because it does have a lot to merit attention and great attributes to fall in love with despite its issues, it will sell fast. The sale will let me pay off a big enough chunk of student loans to be able to breathe, have my entire paycheck to myself and pay off the new car.

But then there are those divergent options: start that business, get a place to live so that I can have my alone time and stay sane, move somewhere for a fresh start, put some investment money into educating myself for something better suited to me, get the software that will let me do more with my life/art, trip to Germany.

It's the boost that I need to get my life back on track and go down the road that I have the tools to travel. I am a team player. The difference between the Chess team and the Football team is what makes the difference between individual success and failure. I am out of my depth on a big team without mentoring. And Football is just not my game. Unfortunately... I don't really know where the Chess teams are. hmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment