Total Pageviews

Monday, May 23, 2011

Ends of Eras

I haven't watched Oprah in a long time. I have worked when she has been on in my area or I have slept during her time slot when I was self employed. I think that it had probably been 10 years since I have sat down to watch an episode on purpose. I wonder how many viewers she has lost to circumstance that makes her departure a sensible thing. But then who's want to work 48 weeks out of the year?

It's jsut odd that she won't be watercooler talk any more. For as much as I complain about the lack of commonality because there are so many networks the Big three plus Fox are still staples of TV viewers. At least for the next decade... I think.

it used to be Phil Donahue and Oprah. Then it was Oprah and Ellen. Now its just...... nobody.

I read, write, work and all of my information comes distilled from the things that I read. I do not watch news programs. I guess fall out from 9/11. So maybe Oprah is s bit of a casualty there. I just don't have the desire for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment