Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 2, 2011

How Important are Stats?

Well in the grand scheme of things I guess your own self confidence should be the guiding principle behind your work, whatever the medium. Yet in the sense that it is important to know that you are reaching people outside of your own little world, or perhaps more accurately to know how your world is growing, stats are the benchmarks.

How long have I been able to look at the stats for this little slice of Geekdom? Don't know. I was trying to remember how the who make a page thing works when I noticed the tab. So I click and look. I find several amazing things about what the stas tell me.

Firstly I am getting a lot of traffic from 70Blue's blog here at blogspot. So a big thanks to Blue. This then proves the theory that the way to build a blog is to be a reader and fan of other blogs. Secondly, I am surprised by my audience. I live in the United States so the vast majority of my page views are from here. No surprise. The surprise is that countries number two and three, in order, are Iran and Germany. Really? I think that is the coolest thing so don't misunderstand me. But seriously? Germany gets the bronze? I think we can do better in the cultural pool. For crying out loud... you're my people! But the third thing is that surprising to me is the things you all find so interesting to read. The post about my Abby shoes from last year had the highest number of page views. Shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also see that I need to follow through. I totally forgot about getting pics up for a lot of things and the lists I was going to write seemed pointless to me about halfway through them.... oops.

I like that I can see what is going on with this thing. And even though I get some comments from the people  that I write about, it isn't changing how I write. If anything what changes how I write is simply the deisre to be more informative or observant than posting a bunch of ramblings...

Not to say a good ramble is useless. Sometimes the act of chasing down our thoughts provides answers to life's persistant questions and sometimes it just wears you out so you cna sleep. In either case it is like rich dessert... good for a few bites but nothing to make a solid habit of.

So yeah stats!!!!!!!!
Besides, it is really good to know that real people are out there reading this and not just the figments of a wishful mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment