Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Netfix thinks I'm British

It's official. I've been watching so much British TV over the last few months: Midsomer Murders, the Fall, Sherlock, Call the Midwife, The Bletchly Circle, Dr. Who, Broadchurch, Death Comes to Pemberly, North & South, MI-5, Doc Martin, Monarch of the Glen. And recently, while waiting for more episodes of my favorite shows I've taken to watching movies. You know, what ever random thing that Netflix adds to the recently added and recommended for you category.

Love Actually, Sense and Sensibility, Emma... you know the drill. I even watched a movie with Jude Law in it in which he is a serial killer or possibly a vampire. It never really is very clear. So, bored out of my gord, I started flipping through the recently added. There is a lot of Cary Grant and a lot of American horror movies that probably don't even merit a c rating let alone a b. Everything else seems like solid story telling and is filled with a cast of people that look familiar but I've never heard of before. The titles are intriguing too. So I click and watch.

As the credit roll there are the familiar names mixed in with the unfamiliar. When I get into the movie it turns out that it is British, British writers, British directors and British actors. So it would seem, as I cruised through the recommended for you, that Netflix thinks I am British.

I actually have to hunt through the search feature to find American shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment