Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

sacred and profane

I know I haven't said this yet... but the new U2 cd is absolutely wonderful. One listen through and teh chakras opened wide. And it wasn't just that first time. Everytime I listen to it they fly open. I think it has as much to do with the subject matter as the music.
This is U2 like we like U2. Unlike Atomic Bomb which seemed to be about loudness and wailing instruments, this is meditative and contemplative with an occaissional foray into the fleshy realms. It acknowledges ones humanity and strives for assension. It goes so much further than the religious touchstones mentioned in a few of the lyrics. This... well, I can only imagine that this cd is the top of G*d's itunes playlist, even if the choice disgruntles the "christian" pop stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment